Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Haines Alaska kicked off the first tour of 2012

John Schnabel once told me he would pick up hitch hikers and bring them into town on his way home from Big Nugget Gold Mine and he would always know when he got a person who was on a rich diet of hooligan oil.  John said he would roll the windows down, stick his head out and drive 75 mph all the way to Haines to try and escape the smell.  I appreciate that story much more now that I have partaken.

I’m sorry to say, that was the end of the tour for me.  I had to leave quickly and find the nearest store where I drank a bottle of the hottest salsa I could find, but the rotten fish taste and smell still didn’t leave me for another two days.

I heard the tour group got along fine without me.  They saw the totem pole carvers at work and they had a mighty fine salmon lunch.  Over all, it was a great two day tour to kick off our 2012 season.

Haines Alaska is a great place to visit…but proceed with caution when trying new foods.

Posted By: Holly Jo Parnell, RGA Guide & local blogger.  Opinions and views of this blog do not necessarily represent the opinions and views of Rainbow Glacier Adventures.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment