Friday, March 8, 2013

Gold near Oakridge, Oregon. Located in Lane County

If your looking for some color and have been wondering if there is anything out near the Oakridge area, the answer is yes. There is gold twelve or so miles north of Oakridge, Oregon.

Oakridge is a very scenic area

The Fall Creek District had very low historical production numbers, but when I visited the area I did find some color after several minutes of sampling. The gold I found was very small, but got my attention enough to want to return at a later time; when I have more time to prospect.

The Fall Creek District is located in sections 13, 18 and 19. A good creek to check for placer gold is Christy Creek, besides Fall Creek itself. Two historical mines in the area were the Ironside Mine and the Golden Eagle Mine.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment