Friday, May 18, 2012

Reply to Tom re: Explanation on Jig and Sluice

Sometimes people don’t read the responses to the comments and I think there are a lot of production nuggets of information in there. This is a response to a viewer named Tom, Thanks for watching Tom.

Tom Asked
“Jimmy, If I understand your explanation correctly, and I’m seeing the before and after photos clearly, you cut the pipe to gain enough clearance to get the pitch you felt you needed. If the Hoffmans used to do sewer work, wouldn’t this have been obvious to them? Too little pitch means nothing moves. Too much pitch and solids are left behind.
Was it just a problem because you did it without consulting anybody?
Seems to me that your modification was a quick fix to the clogged pipe problem.”

My Response:
“When you buy the ABS pipe or any materials to fix the plant it is my right to fix as I see fit. They don’t explain that those were my supplies that fixed that Jig, sluice and wave table! I spent over $300 on parts that the crew wouldn’t buy. So I could give a damn about how they wanted to fix it, those were my parts! The fact is it wasn’t working. Why would I spend all that time trying to fix something that wasn’t broke? It just worked better for TV to edit in the “professionals” bitch about the fact that the cameras were on me fixing it for an hour. That was the real problem most of the time. They were getting paid a whole lot more money than I was to be on a TV show (since they had construction experience) so they thought they were supposed to be filmed more.
Jack said that I was like a child but the truth is everyone was acting like a child who needed more attention. Makes for good viewing though! Got to love them ratings!” Jimmy Dorsey


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment