Friday, May 18, 2012

Who built the house?

/
I got an interesting phone call today. A man called me about his mill he saw on our program that was unauthorized to cut lumber for private parties. He called to ask me about what I knew about the use of the band saw as his company is the owner of that entire lumber mill and truck that delivered all of the trees that someone cut down on Ray Kreig’s and State land that built Greg’s house? What???

When we reached the mine in early May there was fresh trees that were cut down by a man who had supposedly attained permission from Earle Foster. But they were laying all over where we were to set up our camp and mining operation. It was the US Forest service inspector that came to investigate the illegally cut trees on state land that brought the State Fish and Game biologist who eventually turned us in for illegally digging the water channel. Man, what a mess all of this was!

I received permission to drive the logging truck as help to Greg (my cabin/tent had been finished for a week before he even started his custom home.) Now I was legal to drive the truck as I have my Alaskan Class A CDL with double and triple endorsements. So being LEGAL I thought it just seemed right that I would be the one to drive the logs out. I realized that something was wrong when the man commissioned by Earle said those were his logs. Greg and I had a falling out as he was trying to tell me how to back a truck he didn’t own through willow trees to get the “alleged stolen” logs (HE DOES NOT HAVE A CDL and had never been to truck driving school) SO I said F it. The logs were questionable and the truck is questionable as to the legality of insurance. Little did I know not only was the truck not the mill owners the mill itself was not the “mill owners.” Ray Krieg found out that some of his trees were cut down.

Ok, so let me get this straight for all of you Gold Rush Fans. Greg built his house from stolen logs (which later he ended up purchasing from the logger), hauled them without a License, drove a dump truck with logs which is illegal even if you had a license, made a deal with a mill owner who had a mill that was not authorized for personal use and then hauled the lumber back to Porcupine to build a house on private property that he did not own for a family that spent a total of four weeks in the place.

I wish that people would understand that not doing things correctly causes more problems than it avoids. Yes, this is coming from Dorsey who is a Oregon State Licensed Principal Broker, Class A CDL holder with ALL ENDORSEMENTS, Concealed Handgun Permit Holder, MSHA approved miner, fully certified and insured snowboard and kiteboard instructor, ETC. ETC. ETC. I pay thousands a year to keep up with all of this crap and I keep going deeper. Right now I am working on jumping through all of the hoops to start my own mining operation which seems to take an act of congress. I am taking classes and purchasing magazines for explosives to acquire my ATF blasting license. The list is endless. Call me hazardous if you want but at the end of the day I would have taken out a permit to legally poop on the Hoffman’s operation… after all who built the outhouse?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment