Friday, May 18, 2012

Why did Todd bring Dorsey?



A lot of you are asking why Todd Hoffman would bring someone like myself to Alaska? I don’t have years of construction experience just a commercial drivers license. I don’t have years of welding just a semester in high school of metal class. I don’t have an engineering degree. The reason is that Todd Hoffman wanted to start a Rock Band! Yes, he talked with me at length about starting a band and playing in Haines during the filming of the show. The problem was that none of the other miners were musicians. Of course I could play electric bass in a Christian Alternative Rock band but I did that in the mid 90's. I am from Portlandia people! I have been playing standup, doghouse, double, gut bucket, slap our bass like a fine woman rockabilly and country and don’t forget the western for years.

But let me throw the gauntlet right here and right now. Of course we will be competing next year for who gets the gold but if for any reason we should have to meet in a more civilized venue lets have a battle of the bands because my crew is going to be able to do some pickin and a grinnin’ and yehawww we can go hardcore if we need to.

I am a very different person than these men. I know that to tell a good story different characters need to be juxtaposed against each other to create a dynamic stage. I was a producer of Gold Rush Alaska from the beginning. I allowed them to make a fool out of me which seems to work for the show but it didn’t ultimately work for my family. I was the sole cameraman on the reenactment of the bear shooting and also it was my idea to cross the river… My apologies to the liberal audience. It was my idea to bring the wave table (thanks to Mike Halstead for buying it) and the fishing boat, building my house and many other concepts.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment